15 August 2008

Reality check time


Today, Friday August 15, marks the last day of summer vacation for both of us; while "vacation" technically was filled with many working days at Sylvan Learning Center for me & going back to Gridley to help on the family farm for Arlan (and sometimes me :), life as we call summer is over! School starts Monday, August 18th. Yep, the PCHS hallways & rooms G408 and G403 will soon again be vacated by Mrs. & Mr. Miller respectively. We will both be teaching World & U.S. History to freshman and juniors while Arlan will continue to be one of four student council advisors. So ready or not, I guess here the students come! Stay tuned throughout the school year, as I'm guessing many a post will be in regards to our job(s)...you just never know what the average day of being a high school teacher means!

2 comments:

Tami said...

boo-hoo. such great summer memories we made...oh well, we'll just make fall and winter ones too! :) can't wait for the highschool stories!

Nancy said...

Best of luck on a fresh start ;) How I wish I were a mouse in the corner somedays! he he.