24 August 2008

Ready or Not...

...here we go! So one week after school has started, Arlan and I find ourselves wondering what happened to our wonderful summer months :) Now most of you are thinking, "hey, join the real world! We work year round...". To which we answer, "yes, we know; but we need to have teenage energy, drama, and emotion 8 hours a day"...and my, how the emotions have started! (stay tuned for stories of these emotions) Not only have we begun going to bed early (like 9 pm), eating dinner at like 5 pm, but we also find ourselves loving our rare evenings at home. Especially since I find myself with my annual "welcome-back to school" sinus infection...so this weekend has been mostly laying around, sleeping, blowing my nose, drinking tea, grading papers, blowing my nose, etc. Yep, for Mr. & Mrs. Miller...school has started!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Arlan and Katie,
I remember those first days of school - getting going again after the summer off. You're right - for teachers, you have to be ready, set, go because you don't get a second chance with teenagers or preteens! I think sometimes they could sense my fear! I remember, though people saying what an important job I had, so that made the work so worthwhile. Susie

arlan and katie said...

Relationships are beginning, so yes, Susie-you are right! That is WHY we teach! Thanks for the post - Katie