18 May 2011

first dance

Several weeks ago, we took Haven to her "first dance" at Pekin High School. Now before I get naysayers out there about to judge me for exposing my daughter to a dance with high schoolers (TRUST me, I know what high school dances are like), this dance was quite different...

The PCHS Student Council puts on their annual Senior Citizens Prom every spring & invites older couples from the community in for a night of dancing-real band, real music & refreshments! It's great...way better than a high school dance! The attendees get all dressed up and as soon as The Nostalgics hit their first note, away they dance-and such great dancers they are. As the evening wears on, the high school kids take their turns dancing (and learning) from their guests-it's great to see such interaction.









here's Haven dancing with a co-worker for ours & Stuco adviso, Colleen...she LOVES her!


Haven also making her rounds to those waiting for the dance to start...she showed them all her tricks! One older lady had asked me, "How old is she?"...and of course, Haven beat me to the punch, promptly showing her 1 finger :)





this is another friend of Haven's, Jake, who is on Daddy's Stuco exec. board





and my favorite picture of the night!
Haven got her very own saxophone solo while she was on the dance floor-I love it!

1 comment:

Amber said...

let the record show, i hope that you both attend ALL of Haven's high school dances and that she is always dressed that modestly...