10 July 2012

reunion #2

Last weekend found us hitting the road yet again to head north & west for another family reunion.
This time it was my Dad's Kellenberger family getting together and the weather took a break from scorching hot to bless us with an 85 degree, lovely day!  It was a pretty good turnout with about 100 of us present out of a approx. 160.  Recall, this is the family where my Dad was one of 12 kids and I'm one of 43 first cousins!


so one of the highlights of the day was Uncle Calvin producing some old letters that an electrician recently found while doing some work on the old farm place...they were letters my Grandma Elaine wrote to Grandpa Henry while they were courting-priceless!  
this is my Aunt Susie and I reading through some of them
 



 cute Zoey


 Aunt Theresa & Haven playing kickball




 an intense game of bocce was had my some "outlaws" :)

 cousins Alissa, Chelsea (holding Riley) & Tiffany

 Arlan & Uncle Doug


 Grandma Iowa with Macy, Mali & Zoey


these two were compared a lot this weekend: my cousin Megan's girl, Grace & Havers


Evie's girl Mallory

 Macy after popping a balloon!


 the kids had a blast with the balloon games: sisters - Zoey, Mia & Ashley (Ladell's girls)


brothers Weston & Clayton (Benji's boys)


 Rosanna (Brett's wife), Mom, Tiffany & Dana (Kyle's wife)




 Ms. Mia


 the newest member, Lehea (Megan's girl)

Havers & Zoey

No comments: