05 July 2010

family time

We were fortunate the past week to spend time with my Kellenberger family in Iowa. Our first stop on our trip was at a good college friend of mine, "Gus" (aka Renae). Gussy is married to Bruce & have 2 darling children, Kylie & Cade. They put us up for the night as we were on our way to Rochester, MN.


This past Spring my Dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer and recently learned it has spread to his bones. We then traveled to meet my parents at Mayo Clinic in Rochester to get a second opinion & my Dad was fortunate to be able to get a new specialized PET scan to determine exactly where & to what degree it has spread. While in early stages of bone cancer, my Dad has 4-5 mild-moderate spots on his back, femur, hip, and rib. Prayers for him & my mom would be greatly appreciated as he continues to learn, adjust & test his faith on a daily basis with this disease.


This was at the hotel with Daddy while Mommy was with Grandma & Grandpa at Mayo Clinic-she loves crawling around on pillows & beds!

After we got back from Rochester, Haven & I went trucking with Grandpa in his big yellow truck! While it was fun to see out, it was even more soothing to ride along as about 15 minutes into her truck ride, Haven decided to take an hour long nap.


Uncle Butch & Aunt Kathy came to visit several nights when we were there...Uncle Butch loved entertaining me!

Grandpa & Grandma at the Fourth of July parade: Mali, Haven, Maden & Macy.

Little Ms. Mali & Haven enjoying the parade.

Haven checking out cousin Maden playing t-ball.






Maden at his season closer of t-ball.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Praying for your dad Katie. I had no idea. Sending hugs your way.