14 October 2008

Uncle Ells & Aunt Lo


This past weekend Arlan & I were blessed to host my Uncle Ellsworth & Aunt Lois Niemeyer from Phoenix, AZ. Ells & Lois have always been special relatives as I have great memories: hoping the parents take us to Arizona, spending time with cousins, our CA/Disney excursion one winter, many foot massages, fighting my sister and other cousins to sit by Aunt Lo during church because she rubbed your arm continuously, not sneezing or complaining of a headache because Aunt Lo would shove a Fisherman's Friends down your throat quicker than you could blink (if you've ever have one of these "candies", you understand what I mean) or grab your hand & "rub away your headache" (which actually just transferred your pain from your temples to your pressure point in your hand)...ahh, the memories. Each makes me smile :)

Ells & Lois were here performing with the Phoenix choir in both Peoria & Morton in a marathon weekend. Thanks for coming...we love you & enjoyed your visit immensely...come back soon!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

this was such a fun post Katie! I love sitting by anyone who will rub my arm in church!! too funny.

By the way, you've been tagged. Sorry! You can go to my blog to get the details.