09 October 2008

freshman funny...

Students were instructed to work on their map projects tracing & drawing routes during the Age of Exploration (Columbus, Magellan, etc.)...with 5 minutes of class time left, a freshman boy raises his hand:

Student (going through puberty freshman boy, football player, usually out in lah-lah land):
Mrs. Miller...I talked with one of my friends about you today...

Mrs. Miller (YIKES! Who is his friend & what in heck were they talking about me for): Really? What were you talking about? (I'm pretty daring huh?)

Student: He said you are the smiliest teacher he knows...you're always smiling.


Mrs. Miller (thinking "really? I don't smile when you don't do your work & you're clearly trying to get out of it"): Really? I'm always smiling huh?

Student (nodding in agreement): Yep, my friend says you can even smile while writing a detention...a genuine smile too!


By then I WAS smiling...that could be the comment/compliment of the week!


3 comments:

Rebekah said...

that is so great katie! i loved the story!

and i'd agree...you are one of the smiliest persons i know.

love ya,
bek

Jamie Bahr said...

I would like to be a fly on the wall of your classroom! I would most definitely learn a thing or two while there as well:)

taryn said...

Katie... it's true. You are such a genuine smiler. So good to see you tonight. :D