15 September 2008

Top 10


Last evening was our Ukraine reunion held at Gary & Marla's house; videos were watched, memories were shared, Gary's jokes were laughed at, tears were wiped away, songs were lifted to God. It is always so humbling how miles & miles separate our dear Lifesong team(s) and yet prayer puts us within the same room.

Which brings me to blog my love & admiration for the couple that introduced me/us to a ministry with great heart, great purpose & great well, orphans...Gary & Marla Ringger are some of my/our favorite people. I won't soon forget first meeting Marla when I moved to Gridley; I'm pretty sure we got to know each other over coffee & donuts in the good ole' Gridz AC lunchroom...the rest has been history. Marla has been an important confidant, mentor & "mom-away-from home" and has seen me through joys, and sorrows, hugs and tears. Gary also has played a very important teaching role in Arlan's life...as a mentor, disciple, and comic. Arlan sometimes likes to act like "Gary" every now & then, quoting some great Gary lines.


Top 10 Reasons Gary & Marla are GREAT!

10. Gary has such great humor, great hair, and new great glasses.
9. Singings at their barn or around their piano are some of the best.
8. the number of great, fun grandchildren.
7. Trivial Pursuit is ALWAYS entertaining with them.
6. They like to think of themselves as great "match-makers".
5. They are super generous.
4. Marla has great fashion style.
3. 2 words: swimming pool
2. Marla is a GREAT cook! (thanks for the "snacks" last night)
and the #1 reason Gary (sometimes referred to as Harry) and Marla are great....

Both serve a GREAT & almighty God daily

Any more reasons, I'd/we'd LOVE to hear them...they just have to be GREAT!

8 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
megs @ whadusay said...

What a GREAT post - I couldn't agree more!

Alesa said...

Hey... thanks to them, I'm married to Clint! Need we say more?! :)

We also treasure our friendship with them so much and are blessed by their love and lives.

Twyla said...

I think the special thing about Gary and Marla is that after reading this blog they will still be some of the most humble and loving people I have ever known and that is why God has used their lives to in such amazing ways!
Gary does have one fault..he is about a year behind on getting that cd out!! (I know and in the meantime..thousands of orphans have been cared for) we wait on!!

Marla said...

Hmmm.....only 10? I agree, he does have great new glasses!

You are quite something!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Twyla... that cd needs to come out asap! I could also add that they have always been so kind and invited me in as one of their family!

Anonymous said...

p.s. i can only post as an aol member and unfortunately i made this up in 7th grade so i am stuck with the identity of flipdip4 for now!
holly

Lori said...

What a neat post...and I agree with you. They have some pretty wonderful children too! We always comment that we'd love to be a part of their family!