21 September 2008

My Parents

This past weekend was spent with my parents, Verlyn & Linda Kellenberger. Any time I get to spend with them (or any of my family) is a treasure. I look forward to it for days, soak it up during their stay, and then long for another trip home or visit here. The only similar sentiments I've experienced was as a kid longing for Christmas Day or my birthday. Being 8 hours from my home, I always realize the sacrifice & time spent traveling to good ole' Morton, IL. We enjoyed dinner with two of my Dad's aunts Friday night at Jonas in E. Peoria; journeyed to Tanner's Orchards Saturday morning for some yummy apple cider, fritters, and well, apples; went shopping a bit Saturday noon at Shoppes at Grand Praire and then had a special visit with another one of my Dad's aunts at Restmor here in Morton. Although we spend quite a bit of time chatting on the phone week after week, I always LOVE spending time together! Thanks again for coming Mom & Dad...WE love you!

This picture was taken last Christmas day 2007...aren't my Dad's farmer gloves cool?!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

it was so fun to see you guys at Jonah's on Friday night! I'm glad you got to spend time with your parents! What a fun weekend!

You look so pretty in that picture!...and yes, your dad's gloves are very cool.

Alesa said...

Awww...I bet you were SO happy to have them here :) Make sure you tell my "second mother" hi for me next time you talk to her.

Tami said...

what an amazing weekend! did narly arly plan that?! he's quite amazing at planning spectacular weekends. :) miss you two!