18 January 2013

responsibility

New year...new goals, right?  Well, I had come across this great find at a garage sale last summer (yes mother, I know you're not shocked), and thought I would see how Haven would respond to getting small rewards (family movie night, date with Daddy, $1.00 toy at Target, McDonald's ice cream, new book, etc) for either working on specific tasks or working on things that 3 year olds struggle with...lately she has reverted to the "untrained" status regarding potty training with #2 and thus her laziness is frustrating...I've tried taking things away from her (Sunday School because obviously they don't want a 3 year old in there who isn't reliably potty-trained) but rewards seem to motivate her better.  She is a smart little cookie but for some reason, is lazily relapsing with her toilet skills.  So we work on things like "no whining", setting the table, clean up room, "be nice" (she likes that one), no accidents with the potty, and doing a Pre-K activity (coloring, puzzles, workbooks, cutting, gluing, arts & crafts, etc).

I'm curious to know if this has worked for any of you, ideas for rewards/results, etc...let me know your thoughts!

No comments: