20 December 2011

isu christmas party

This past Thursday night we hosted our college kids for their annual Christmas party. They were all done with finals & looking forward to their holiday break so this is their last big horrah before heading back to their home towns...and quite the horrah it was! An early estimate put the number at about 30-40 kids, which I figured I could easily handle...however, I should have known with finals being over & their break beginning, more were going to show up...and they did as we shoved, pushed & feed about 60 total that night...I know, I know...I'm kinda crazy!

It was a great, fun-filled night of food, carols & games. Also included in our fun evening was a white-elephant gift exchange were some of the more "stolen" items included: a princess basketball hoop set, a saucer/sled, someone's license plate (car NOT included), $20 Walmart gift card & Ghiradelli chocolate. As the video shows, Haven was well loved all night!

Thanks to the other mentor couples who helped out tremendously...I couldn't have done it without them!

Enjoy your break guys & gals & see you next semester!


No comments: