27 February 2011

my Dad - February update

My parents arrived back from Arizona on Monday, Feb. 14th (click here to see pictures), refreshed from the sun & warmth heading south for a few weeks brings. Dad traveled very well and for the most part had really good, pain-free days while in Phoenix. He had his next round of chemo on Feb. 16 and the news wasn't as encouraging as the warmth the sunshine in Arizona brought~his PSA score was almost off the charts, at round 70. The oncologist decided to try my Dad on yet another kind of chemo (this is his 3rd kind), to see if this will help stabilize his PSA and/or slow down the progression of his cancer. This 3rd kind of chemo drug is a milder form from his previous 2, yet it seems to be the hardest on my Dad: nausea & many aches and pains are part of his daily routine. Getting a good night's sleep has become the gem that determines how well each day goes.

Rest assured, he still gets up to truck everyday and see how many loads he can haul before his body tells him to slow down & "enough's enough" for that day.


We continue to feel your prayers and are humbled at the number of people who care and are praying for my parents & all my family.
Please continue your prayers for my Dad and Mom~that they can take one day at a time; that my Mom can continue providing a positive, supportive role for Dad; and that their oncologist can provide wise counsel.

Send me your light and your faithful care, let them lead me;
Let them bring me to your holy mountain to the place where you dwell.
Psalm 43:4


Blessings to each~Katie

1 comment:

Tami said...

definitely praying for all of you!!! love you.