02 December 2008

fall football

As the sports lover I am, it has been fun to spend the past several weekends traveling and attending football games! The first two pictures are from the Illini v. Ohio St. game Arlan and I attended with Brandon & Sonia-thanks for the wonderful treat & great catch-up time. We had a great time, even if the Illini didn't :(




The second game we attended was the weekend before Thanksgiving as my cousin Cody Doorneweerd led my good ole West Lyon Wildcats alma mater to the state final game. Cody, their quarterback, led them to the runner-up trophy. The game ended 3-0 in favor of the opposing team...it was a heartbreaking loss, but nevertheless, Cody was my hero of the day and I was proud to be his cousin! We love you Cody!

Wildcats (in blue) get ready to kick-off...Cody is #17


2nd half warm-ups


The Doorneweerd clan to cheer on Cody!
(my nephew Levi, brother-in-law Mike, my sister Emily, and in back my brother Adam & his finance Erika)

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Go West Lyon Wildcats! Polly was heart-broken as well :(

Anonymous said...

oh how i miss out on so much because i have to work :( i miss you guys!

holandjoe said...

Looks fun! Thanks for the prayers.

LOL,
Hol K