10 November 2008

beautiful, beautiful Boston

Arlan and I enjoyed a quick weekend get-a-way (very quick...like Friday evening to Sunday afternoon) to Boston, Massachusetts. While the weather here in the Midwest had turned quite chilly, the East coast was still balmy & had retained its beautiful fall colors. We enjoyed the history of Boston, its unique buildings, old churches, cemeteries (Arlan loves photographing them...kinda bizarre, but surreal), Freedom Trail, the parks, the harbor, some wonderful seafood, and just good relaxing, travel time away from school and commitments. Below are some pictures (bear with me, I posted quite a few)...enjoy!


beautiful Boston Common



Arlan's first lobster

this old church was found near Commonwealth Ave. and had the most interesting ivy & foilage growing up it's sides


ya know how you've never visited a place, but have envisioned "what it should look like"?...the picture below is what we envisioned Boston to be :)






Mr. G. Washington overseeing Boston Common


These tour guides were fairly common; here is Mr. Ben Franklin...if only, if only women could do this...I'd sign up in a heartbeat!


This was fasinating to see...I've read books but being the visual learner I am, it was amazing to see exactly how they build huge ships, navy vessels, etc. This was found at Charleston Harbor where Old Ironsides is located.


Arlan's uh, "Boston Tea/Coffee Party"....ah, so historic!


Boston Long Wharf Harbor




Below is Old State House...here was where Boston citizens first heard our Declaration of Independence from Great Britain.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you two had a great trip! I am a little jealous of the beautiful colors still on the trees there. It's pretty drab here now. And that church with the ivy is beautiful!!

Alesa said...

Sunshine...this looks awesome! It makes me want to go even more. Love ya!

Tami said...

oh my word...i want to go there! my favorite was arlan's boston tea/coffee party! that guy cracks me up!!!

Tami said...

i know you're going to think i'm weird, but i made that picture of arlan my desk top this week 'cause for some reason, it just cracks me up. i don't know what my problem is! :)

arlan and katie said...

Tams-you crack me up! trust me...Arlo is HONORED! I read it aloud to him & he wouldn't stop smiling :)