17 July 2013

a special day

42 years.  of marriage.

That is what today marks in my Mom's heart.  Her and Dad shared their vows before family & friends in an outdoor country wedding at my Great Uncle's farm place 42 years ago today.  It was hot.  My Mom looked beautiful.  And my Dad...much slimmer, and quite handsome :)
I honor them both in my heart today & pray that in another 35 years (whew!), Arlan and I can follow their devotion to one another...in good times & bad times.

So while "controversy" surrounds today's marriages as the average American marriage lasts 8 years* & there seems to be debate about the definition of marriage, I'm thankful for a loving example.

 July 17, 1971

Fall 1995


 2004


 September 2010

 
November 2010

 
November 2010


 taken on their 40th anniversary 7-17-2011

*http://familylawdivorceonline.wordpress.com/2013/01/17/how-long-does-the-average-marriage-last-in-the-united-states/

No comments: