22 October 2012

no lions, no tigers, no bears...oh my!

One of the many fond memories of my childhood is when my parents took me to the circus...I remember the animals, the lights, the neon toys & swords lighting up the dark when the lights went down, fun music, and thinking I loved those acrobats and sparkly dressed women!

Well, a "few" years later, Haven got to experience her first circus at the Peoria Civic Center....the Ringling Brothers & Barnum Bailey!  It was what we expected: lights, expensive toys, expensive popcorn & soda, wonderful acrobats & elephants, camels, horses, and dogs.

However, maybe it's because of the risk...or maybe it's because of insurance liability...or maybe because it's difficult to transport tigers, lions, & bears...but oh, wouldn't it be great to see them again do tricks at the circus?!  Regardless, here are a few memories from our afternoon at the circus.


 the first animal act were the camels & horses




 the sideshow of the Mighty Dimitre...

 
...he was quite strong!  In fact, the end act was a Jeep Wrangler driving OVER this Ukrainian!
[I guess I was so in awe, I forgot to get a picture :]

 the dog show...besides the "sparkly dresses", Haven probably liked the dogs best!
   
 quite an incredible acrobat duo
 
 and then the elephants!  this was my favorite act!
 
 interestingly enough, the same lady trainer trained the camels, horses, dogs & elephants-incredible!
 


leaving the circus with a very expensive souvenir popcorn box :)

No comments: