28 September 2012

Friday's Funny-the humble truth

 Doesn't the above recipe look yummy?! 

And it was easy...basically saute mushrooms, spinach, garlic & onion together in olive oil, layer amongst ricotta cheese/mozzarella cheese blend & lasagna noodles & set your slow cooker on LOW for 4-5 hours.

Now before I show you what DID actually come out, I must preface this next picture with the following:
My Mom and I decided to switch slow cookers...she needed something smaller & I wanted something bigger.  Her's was a bit older & thus had temperatures on the dial vs. mine which had simply WARM, LOW, and HIGH as options...

"hmm...you still should be able to figure that out, katie?"...well yes, I should have...I assumed low was around 200 degrees [500-600 was max temp]...

However, the below is what I came home to after being gone for about 4-5 hours at Bible study & running errands...as soon as I walked in the house, my nose knew something was amiss!


UGH!!! A perfectly good slow-cooker meal down the drain!  It actually took me most of the night to get the stainless steel pan free of caked on lasagna noodles...for reference, steam boiling on the stove top for several tries removes just about anything...oh, along with baking soda!

My Mom's wise words..."well, ya know they make those slow cooker liners you can just place in"...thank you Captain Obvious/Late!

Will I try it again?  Oh, probably...what's not to lose now that I've swallowed my pride & placed my humility online for all to see!!!

No comments: