27 August 2012

adoption update

Many of you have asked [thank you!] about our adoption status & I've been dormant in posting because, well, I was waiting for something to post :)...we have completed the paper chase portion [for now] of our process & have just mailed it off to our agency in Texas for them to look over & send to their Ugandan lawyers to start the match/referral process.  Their aren't many families in our agency Uganda program so that allows my heart to hope excitedly & expectantly...but the realization that foreign countries & placement are a "you just never know" thing, makes me realize we will need to patient.  The referral process will take approximately 6-12 months with travel occurring within 1-2 months after that...trust me, when a referral comes & we accept, I will post!!!

For those of you who have been praying the last 1-2 weeks specifically, we thank you...it seems like about 3.5 months of paperwork is a long time when in fact it is a bit quicker than the average 3-6 months it takes to usually compile the necessary birth/marriage/criminal/home study/medical records needed. State clearances, re-registering by our agency, the state's typo mistake with Arlan's social security number...well, it just adds to the waiting...and the waiting apparently [according to my friend Megan] is going to make me stronger :)

So we now will place our timing, our travels...our little Miller daughter into God's most impeccable time table.
Thank you for your prayers!



 




1 comment:

Kristi said...

Thanks for the update! I've been praying and wondering. :)
He is big. He is good. He will be glorified!