09 February 2012

potty training

For the last 1.5 weeks, we began the process of potty training Haven. While the first few days I was banging my head against the wall, the last week or so it has gone pretty well. I'm not sure what the most conventional way is to potty train a child, but I figured we'd just go cold turkey into panties and if accidents happened, they happened...she has had accidents from time to time, but usually it's her Mommy's fault for not realizing how much time has passed since her last potty. She usually tells us it's time by declaring "I not have to go poopy Mom"...hmm, she doesn't quite understand the negative adverb concept yet :)!

I'm also totally bribing my child with a potty chart & Thomas the Train (which she currently loves & plays with more than ANY toy in her house) prizes along the way....like I said, probably not the most conventional potty training method & in most cases, quite pathetic, but hey, it's working!





this is her potty chart I created...no laughing: remember I'm a high school teacher and this is as close to bulletin boards as I get!

No comments: