28 September 2011

discovering a museum

Tuesday we spent the morning at the Children's Discovery Museum here in Normal...I'll admit, I had heard parents RAVE about it but was a bit skeptical as I mean, really...why should one have to pay to entertain & teach your child?

Gulp! A piece of humble pie was on the menu that morning as I was BLOWN away...so many fun, interactive stations that Haven didn't know which one to play with & where to go next. While some museums cater to older children (I'd say like 7-12), this one had something for everyone and Haven was the perfect age. She played on their jungle gym, did puzzles, played with their water set/tubes, shopped at a grocery store & then "checked out", made a pizza & then "baked it", played with trains, investigated the kid-size chess set, "drove" a Case tractor & JD combine, played with legos, and my favorite station: the painting room...Haven's first time with paints! Such fun & I didn't have to clean up the mess!

We went with Ashley & Reese...it was SUCH a fun time! Thanks friends!

Here's a few pictures:






















1 comment:

Ashley Baner said...

Great pics Kates! So fun to have a playmate for Reese.(and for me!)