03 December 2010

Friday's Funny-memories

Awh, just clicking through my pictures of New Zealand makes me long to go back someday. The pictures hardly do this country justice-such amazing topography all within a country the size of Colorado. I student taught Down Under right before I graduated from Iowa State back in the Fall of 2002. Yes, I look a bit younger and my body, well, a bit "younger" as well :) Traveling & teaching overseas was definitely a highlight of my college experience. I traveled over there with 3 other girls from Iowa State and it made for quite the fun times & memories.

Enjoy!



by the majority of my pictures, you are going to think I really didn't "teach" anything!
such a different climate of education, as the first week after we got there, the administration gave us use of their school vehicle, the week off, and said "go see our island"!
so after packing up our little Mitsubishi and buying a tent, that's exactly what we did!


we hiked

went whale watching

went horse back riding

took a helicopter tour to the top of a glacier

such amazing sights & colors...my old 35mm hardly does the sights justice :)

I do have evidence I did teach-teaching geography, history, agriculture in a completely different country was challenging at times!



before we headed back to the states for graduation & the holidays, we got a free weeks stopover in Sydney, Australia...such a rough life, I know!





this was the Olympic flame from the stadium of the 2000 games in Sydney...great memory as my cousin Nick won his pole vaulting gold medal there!


the Sydney opera house-amazing architecture inside!



and last but certainly not least, skydiving!
we went tandum skydiving (that's Phil by the way) while in New Zealand...12,000ft-right out of perfectly good airplane...one of the coolest, most exhilarating things I've done.
let's just say my mother was NOT impressed when I called to tell her what I'd done...her words exactly, "Katie-you spend your money on the dumbest things!" :)





No comments: