05 April 2010

Spring Break 2010

This past week we spent in the glorious rays of Phoenix, AZ, visiting family & spending time outside. It was fabulous! From family meeting Haven to spending time outdoors, it was a memorable experience-I also have quite a "Good Friday" story...especially if you know my aunts, let me know next time you see me; I'd be happy to entertain!
Thanks again guys for hosting us...we had a grand time!


Haven was a great traveler on the plane-sleeping most of the time & making friends left & right with her laughter and smiles! Waiting for us in Mesa was Uncle Ells.

After arriving back in Phoenix, we anxiously awaited for "the aunts" to get done with work.
[A. Lavonne is on the left and A. Lois is on the right]
We loved the sunny patio!

We spent many moments in the afternoon sun & Haven loved Aunt Lo's excersaucer & her swimsuit.

We also took Haven to Phoenix Zoo one morning.
While Haven slept through most of it, Arlan and I loved it
!
Haven woke up just in time for the orangutan exhibit.


Here is Haven meeting the cousins, Kole [3] and Kadyn [9 months].
They are my cousin Kolette's boys and Haven was toughened up very quickly!

Kole kept saying, "but I want to play with Haven!"

Arlan and Haven in the sun.

My cousin Kolette, Haven and Kole.

We also spent substantial time shopping with Aunt Vonnie...man, does she know how & where to shop as we got some great deals!

A Doorneweerd tradition-coloring Easter eggs.

We also found time to go hiking a bit on a desert preserve near the Phoenix church.

If you are thinking Haven doesn't look real interested-you are right...she fell asleep!


Before church Good Friday services...it was quite the "Good Friday"!

1 comment:

Alesa said...

ooooh ooooh I want to hear the Good Friday story...