09 January 2010

christmas/new year catchup

So I've been quite remise in the posting of pictures of our travels, family time, and of course, of our little girl....call it parenting 101 that has been taking up my time :)
Haven has been growing well & is a fun baby-smiling, laughing, and responding to us are now part of her little personality. She already is showing signs of being quite strong-willed (not taking naps during the day for the sitters, refusing to go to sleep at night after her feedings, etc.) but we are hopeful she is not as strong-willed as her parents! Her nights have gotten much better (we were are oh so thankful for) but we realize this may not last, so we are just enjoying right now.
I went back to work at PCHS on Monday, January 4th, and although I consider myself a fairly strong emotional & spiritual woman, this week has been VERY difficult...now that I have 110 teenagers back in my care, all I can think about is Haven at home. Haven has been getting wonderful care so that is definitely reassuring but part of me still wants to be at home with my baby-who I know all too soon, won't be a baby much longer.
Okay, enough of my pity-party plight...here are some pictures from the last several weeks.

the Kellenberger festivities...



Haven braved the 8-hour trip to NW Iowa well (next Christmas may be a different story!) and here she is meeting Uncle Adam

Aunt Emmy proudly showing off Haven to her coworkers!

Grandma, mom & Haven waiting in line to meet Santa...we had to go shopping & take her out before Christmas because...
...for the next 2 days Lester received around 15-20 inches of snow!
Meteorologist Arlan measured 17 inches in the front yard.

It did make for a wonderful, white Christmas!

On a more interesting note, is the family YELLOW Christmas tree...oh, my poor mother!

the cousins with Haven

it took Maden much longer to warm up to Haven than Macy, but by the end of our trip he was making her smile!

"Grandpa, you can't sit at our table...you're too big!"


now for the Miller side...

the chaos of Christmas!

3 day apart cousins: Haven & Charlee

Aunt Amber with the older grandchildren

Aunt Ambo with Haven

cousin Will taking a snooze in his daddy's arms

cousin Amelia "in" her dad's gift!

No comments: