26 July 2009

robin remodeled

So Arlan & I decided to undertake remodeling our downstairs a bit before baby girl makes her entrance this fall. Arlan was the foreman, I was his "trusty assistant", and wouldn't you know, our place looks completely different! (sidenote: Arlan did most, if not all, the work!)
I was SO proud of my man & his abilities! Here are some pictures. We ripped up carpet, layed hardwood flooring, knocked out some walls, built columns, and hung new lights in the kitchen/family area.

Before....




During...






Isn't he a handsome carpenter?!


Arlan proudly showing off one of many wounds.


and After...


This is when I returned from Florida...he had moved all the furniture in by HIMSELF!



4 comments:

Twyla said...

wow Arlan and Katie..it looks really nice! I thought it looked nice before, but that really opens it up!
I think the new Ms Miller is gonna love her new home!

Heidi said...

Wow! I am so amazed! When you were talking about it, I didn't picture this amazing of a transformation! Go Arlan!

Alesa said...

looks great, kate!

Kaleigh said...

That looks really neat!! your pic of arlan working made me smile :)