17 June 2009

Betsy is married

June 7th saw us whisked off to Iowa to attend my cousin Betsy's wedding in Lester.
Let me tell you a bit about my special cousin...

Betsy was born 6 months before me putting us in the same class & pretty much sealing our life-long friendship. Her Dad is my Mom's twin brother & our families have always been pretty close. She is more like a sister than a cousin. We are opposite in so many ways...not only is our physical characteristics of height, eye/skin/hair drastically different, butwe are different in the way we process & analyze life. Yet our differences aren't as strong as our similarities...being cousins has/have brought us many ups & downs, tears & joys in life, but it has made our relationship stronger. We have so many memories: dressing alike from little until teenagers, playing barbies & beauty pageant, rollerskating competitions, volleyball, color guard co-captains (she would make friends with the girls, while Katie yelled and made the girls work), cheerleading (same situation as color guard), prom, and college years. We both repented within a year of each other & have since grown even closer as Christians. Betsy really is my AnnE and I, her Diana from Anne of Green Gables.

Betsy married a nice guy from Kansas and we/I wish her the best in the wonderful world called marriage! John, you are one lucky man...love you Bets!


Betsy & her man


the bridesmaids

my handsome photographer

No comments: